Friday, January 29, 2016

TOPIC 1: BIGGEST CHALLENGE -- Working on your first news story for this class …
1. What has been the biggest challenge?  

My biggest challenge working on this story was finding the time to interview people. I also found that people were quite intimidated by some of the questions that I asked and were a little hesitant about replying to them. 


2. What will you do different or improve for your next news story? Explain. 

My next news story I will set aside more hours each week to work on the layout and writing of my story to make my story a little more interesting and stronger. 

3. Also describe your experience doing interviews. What did you learn about the interview process? What will you do different next time? 

I learned from this process that people are happy to answer questions if they are not put on the spot with the questions. One professor I interviewed asked to see the questions before hand so that he would know what to expect. He gave me the best answers for my story. 

TOPIC 2: EDNA -- Reading the first two chapters Edna Buchanan’s book, “The Corpse Had a Familiar Face”:
1. What did you find most interesting? Tell why, and include at least one related QUOTE from the book.
What I found most interesting about Edna's book was how she never went to school to become a reporter she just worked very hard and did it. I also love how she has such a passion and so much compassion for the people she reports.  
2. Second, I realize that few, if any, of you are likely to be covering murder in Miami in the near future. However, what TIP have you already picked up from Edna that you can apply to your news reporting and writing? Discuss that tip and how you can apply it to your news reporting at LBCC.

A tip that I am going to use from Edna is how she networked so well, and was always giving her all in every story. In the book she is able to get these great stories by always being in the field working or talking to families of crimes or the criminals. Edna was also fearless and even if she was uncomfortable in certain situations she would woman up and do them anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment