Friday, January 29, 2016

Men's Basketball Lose Again

“They played hard and were in the game the whole time,” said head coach of Lane Community College Bruce Chaka. “They did a really good job in their zone defense, we’re fortunate to get out of here with a win.” The RoadRunners had a tough loss against the Titans Wednesday night at a home game. Lane Community College won 81 to 68. The RoadRunners had 18 assists and 14 turnovers compared to 14 assists and 17 turnovers for the Titans.
“I think in the second half we definitely came out a little better, the first half we were a little flat.” said guard Kaj Bansen. “Next game we’re going to pass the ball a little more and have less quick shots then we did tonight.” Bansen led the team with 7 field goals made scoring six three pointers.
            “I just feel like we were pretty stagnant offensively,” said Andrew Evans point guard for the team. “ A lot starts with me, I feel like I could have created more opportunities for my teammates.”
Head men’s basketball coach Randy Falk was happy with his teams performance. “Overall I thought we played a lot better, we didn’t do a very good job in some situations which led to Lane getting 19 points off of turnovers, but I thought we did a pretty good job on our zone defense rotation,” said Falk. “I thought we gave ourselves a pretty good effort. Lanes a pretty good team so we had to play really well. I thought with the exception of just a handful of possessions we did a really good job.” Falk stated that the team would be working on their defensive transition and half court defense for their next game against Portland.

“We’ll learn from our mistakes,” said Evans, “hopefully we can get a lot more wins the second half of this season.” The RoadRunners look forward to their next home game Jan. 30 against Portland Community College.

No comments:

Post a Comment